Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book Reviews

The 39 Clues: In Too Deep Jude Watson

I have enjoyed this series. The first book written by Rick Riordan was phenomenal. The rest of the series was sort of a letdown. This one renewed my faith in the series. I enjoyed the characterization, the story and the plots twists that now make sense. I’m more excited for the next few now rather than knowing I would read them just to read them because it’s a series kids like. www.the39clues.com

Rules Cynthia Lord

This was a fascinating book about an autistic child told from the perspective of his sister. I loved how she learned and grew in dealing with a sibling that was far from easy to handle. I loved the way she learned and hearing what her true feelings were. The author did a great job in portraying everyone in the story. www.cynthialord.com

Sent Margaret Peterson Haddix

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Found and it left me curious as to how she was going to pull everything together. I liked her take on the time travel and seeing oneself in the future/past. I liked how the kids had to depend on each other and never gave up. The historical element of it worked really well also. I learned more about the 15th century way of life. I’m excited about the next one in the series. www.haddixbooks.com/home.html

1 comment:

  1. Haven't read "Rules" yet, but your description reminded me of the book, "Al Capone Does My Shirts", except the roles are somewhat reversed between brother and sister.

    ReplyDelete