Sunday, May 16, 2010

Book Buzzin' & Review

Well, I sure didn't expect all the comments to my post on Prop 100. Thanks to everyone who did! There was a great dialogue posted on my facebook wall if anyone is interested in that. I sure have learned a lot from different people.


Anyway, I have these great intentions to post more than once or twice a week, but it seems like the end of the week comes and goes before I can blink. So here we go. This week I'm buzzin' about a great book that I've had the opportunity of reading a few chapters from. Joan Sowards' book Chocolate Roses. From what I've read it is a funny, good read. Here's the back blurb.



Janie Rose Whitaker's world revolved around her chocolate shop until Roger Wentworth and his young daughter moved into the apartment across from Janie's. Anyone would think Roger fit the mold of the "perfect" guy, but soon Janie discovers secrets that could keep them apart forever. Thoush she resists getting involved in Roger's complicated life, they are drawn further into a bittersweet relationship.


You will laugh, cry, and crave chocolate as you read this LDS paraody of the classic novel Jane Eyre.



Take a look at it and let me know what you think!



Here's my book review of the week, D. J. MacHale's Morpheus Road The Light. If you like ghosts stories you will love this book. From the author of the Pendragon Series and Are You Afraid of the Dark? he sure knows how to keep an audience on the edge of their seats. I thought I had the plot line figured out, but I was wrong. I love a book that can throw me like that. I'm excited for the next book in the series, especially with how the epilogue worked. He did a fanstastic job and I would recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment