Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cinematography

By Bonnie Harris

I've been having trouble thinking of what to post lately. My mind has been preoccupied with other things. Life has a funny habit of getting in the way of some things. :) But I found myself, the other day, looking at the world through the eyes of a cinematographer. It's amazing what they see and how they can shift so seamlessly from the big picture to the minutest detail, with each scene making a huge impact. (I'm not saying every cinematographer does this well, but when it happens, it can sure be magical.)

That concept has given me a different perspective on writing. I've tried to find what type of scene (the big picture or the smallest detail) will make the biggest impact. It's really been a fun process and added more to the story, when it's done well of course. :) The last part, for me, is happening more and more in my head rather than on paper. I'm finding that when the baby bites my knee and makes a grab for the keyboard, it's time to put it up. Needless to say, I'm not getting much writing done. But the story is wonderful in my head!

Happy Writing and viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment