Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Outer Edge of Heaven Book Review and Interview

THE OUTER EDGE OF HEAVEN by Jaclyn M. Hawkes. This was an enjoyable read. It took me away to a different place that I've always wanted to experience. The life of a cowboy has always drawn me. I liked the relationships that were developed and the humor between the best friends. It is a clean read that I can recommend for anyone.


:):):)


Montana truly is heavenly. Especially those handsome cowboys.
Her parents want a clout wielding attorney. She just wants to teach kindergarten. When her “all-powerful” parents actually choose her future husband, -a divorce lawyer named Elroy, Charlie opts out and heads for Big Sky Country to work on a sprawling ranch in the heart of the Montana Rockies. Filled with colorful characters of all kinds, a horse of her own, and one extremely attractive rancher, it makes for a summer never to be forgotten. Once again, Jaclyn M. Hawkes spins a tale filled with a deft mix of humor, romance, and tension that will leave you wishing that she’d kept on writing.



What made you decide to become a writer?
What made me decide to become a writer?  Who knows?  Such a boring answer sorry, but one day I just decided to put some of my thoughts down on paper.


Who inspires you?
Who inspires me?  Tons of people inspire me!  From your George Washingtons right down to my sweet neighbor who keeps on swimming in spite of a ton of personal set backs.  I especially respect the "Unsung Heros".  Those around us who quietly go about doing truly important things that are often forgotten in our culture.  You know, the mom's who make dinner every night, knowing that it's vital to their families, the teachers who keep on teaching in spite of the lack of pay or thanks.  Those kinds of people.
I'm also inspired by those who go for it in life, often in the face of the dream stealers. I hope that I can grow up to be like those guys and do important things, even in the middle of the stuff of life.


What would you like your readers to get out of your book?
I would like my readers to get a bit of an uplift from my books.  A mini oil change so that they can get back out there and put in another 3000 miles.  And I'd like to help people to smile a little more.  To realize that it's sometimes the little things that make life great.  I’d like to be a happifier-at-large.


Where did the idea for this book come from?
I hope that idea came from God.  If not, at least some uplift can't hurt.


Who was your favorite character to develop?
My favorite character to develop in The Outer Edge of Heaven was Luke.  He really did seem delicious and so reassuring.  Life is short.  We need more men who are rocks we can lean on.


Do you have any advice for writers?
My advice for aspiring authors?  The same as my advice for aspiring anythings.  Go for it!  Do some homework, and then dive in with a passion!  Don't listen to the dreamstealers.  Don't be "more realistic".  Be more enthusiastic.  And when you crash and burn, get up and dust off and try again.  There is a huge shortage of passion in this world.


What can we expect next from you?
My next book is coming out in February.  Called The Most Important Catch, it's a great story!  It's contemporary, set in North Carolina, it's a love story with a bit of suspense.  Some humor.  And another strong, dynamic hero and quirky, intrepid heroine.  I hope my readers will love it!


Where can we get your book?
You can purchase my book here   www.jaclynmhawkes.com


Thanks for joining us Jacyln! Stay tuned for a book giveaway in a couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book, too. The little kids and the piggies were a hoot.

    Jaclyn was a bootcamp partner at Storymaker last year. LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete