Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tangled Tides--Book Review & Interview

TANGLED TIDES by Karen Amanda Hooper. I have to say that I had a really hard time putting this book down. It was refreshing to read something with a new and different topic. The characters were fantastic. I fell in love with them immediately. The twists and turns in the plot were intriguing and I found myself somewhat surprised at the end. This is a book I can recommend to anyone. There was a little bit of language, but a delightful read. I look forward to more of Karen's books. Stay tuned for a giveaway of TANGLED TIDES on June 1st.

:):):):):)


Yara Jones doesn’t believe in sea monsters—until she becomes one.
A human girl turned mermaid discovers she is the only soul who can save a world of sea creatures.






What made you decide to become a writer?
I've always loved writing. As a teen, I mainly wrote poems and short stories, but I didn’t attempt to write my first novel until my late twenties. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I had found my true passion. 

What inspires you?
So many great books have inspired my craft. I can't even begin to list all of them. As far as ideas and such, I get inspired from all kinds of stuff: an old legend, music, nature, something from my childhood, a great quote, or even people I've met. 
What would you like your readers to get out of your writing?
I'd like to give them an escape--because that's my favorite part about stories. I love getting lost in a different world with characters I love so I try to provide that experience for my readers. 
Where did this idea come from?
Oddly enough, it started with dead worms. While walking by a neighbor's house I noticed an excessive number of worms dried up on his sidewalk. I thought how sad it was that they were probably trying to cross into the grass but the heat and sun killed them. Poof! My imagination kicked into overdrive and I took that concept and combined it with my love of mermaids and sea creatures. My mind works in some very mysterious ways. ;) 

Who was your favorite character to develop?
Probably Pango or Nixie. I love all of my characters, but there's something about the two of them that was just so much fun to write. 
Any advice for aspiring authors?
Write what you love. If you truly loves this emotional and crazy world of writing then never give up. And finally, build a great support system because having a dream team is vital and priceless. I have so many awesome people who have supported and encouraged me along the way. I'd be lost without them. 


What can we expect next from you?
I'm releasing book 1 of a new series on May 25th. It's called Grasping at Eternity and it's a YA love story about a group of perpetually reincarnated people with supernatural powers. I'm planning a minimum of 3 books in that series, but it might be more if readers love those characters as much as I do. I mean, they've lived many lifetimes and remember all of them, so they've got a lot of stories to tell. 
Goodreads link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13505141-grasping-at-eternity


Where can we purchase your book?
Tangled Tides is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or at Rhemalda's online bookstore.  
Grasping at Eternity will also be on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. 

LINKS:
Rhemalda Bookstore: http://tiny.cc/BuyTangledTides


THANK YOU KAREN!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review and for hosting me. Bonnie! I just realized your giveaway will be on my birthday so yay! Parrrtttty. :)

    ReplyDelete