Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Writer's Discovery


First off, I have to apologize for missing my last post. I got my weeks mixed up and when I went to post, someone else already had one up. So I scrolled down and realized I had missed a week and somehow missed the email reminder. Nobody else has every done anything like that, right?

Second, thank you for all the words of encouragement that were given after my last post. It helps to know others care and have gone through the same things. I appreciate the friendship.

And third, here's what I've learned or you could say releared since then. Time seems to be a common struggle for most people. If only there were more hours in the day, or something like that. What I've found interesting about that is, I've never had too many issues with time management. It's something I'm good at and I've been successful at getting everything done for a long time. That may seem like a long shot, but it's true. I believe it's one of the talents I've been blessed with. I'm able to see and map out how to make things work, and I've been able to help others do the same.

So, you can see a little more why I've really been having a hard time when I haven't been getting the things done like I want to.

As I've thought about what could possible be different now (other than the obvious: kids, marriage, you know what I'm talking about) from before, I realized one glaring error I've been making. It's something, that in the past, I never thought I'd ever drop the ball on. (First of all, never say never. Somehow it always comes back to bit you.) :) And it's something that isn't necessarily easy to admit, and I have a feeling that I might not be the only one.

My error has been in my personal prayers. It's not that I haven't been saying them, it's just that they've become repeative and not as sincere as they should be. I haven't asked specifically for help in finding/making/having the time to accomplish what is important to me, i.e. getting at least some of my writing done. Once I was able to express my frustration, how I was feeling about said frustrating, AND asked for help with those specific items, the solution began to present itself.

  • Am I getting as much done as I'd like to be? No. 
  • Am I getting some writing in? Yes. 
  • Will I be able to meet my goals? With my Father in Heaven's help, Yes. 
  • Is this a new concept that I've learned? No. It's just taken a little reminder what what exactly needs to be happening in order for me to be successful.
It may not seem like a big thing to you, but it was to eye opening and a good reminder for me. On this conference weekend, I pray we will all be more sensitive to what needs to be happening in our lives, and as always . . .

HAPPY WRITING.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are finding answers and hope. Isn't it amazing that some of our most frustrating and trying times can teach us some of the most important truths? I hope you find little successes every day as you continue writing. Maybe you should write about this journey you are on... many times your voice has helped others. Just an idea. WE love you :-)

    ReplyDelete