Saturday, January 4, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM


Happy New Year! I hope it’s the best one yet for everyone. Here’s something interesting that I learned/put together/relearned over the last little bit. After Lion passed away, my emotions were a little out of whack as you can imagine. My mom suggested I take a Vitamin B12 and a Vitamin B complex. I did and found myself amazed at how leveled out my emotions became.

For a long time I was vigilant about taking them because I noticed such a huge difference in myself. But over the past little while I haven’t been the best at staying on top of it. For a while I thought that I had things under control and that I didn’t really need the extra help the supplements gave me. Boy was I wrong.

It took me over a couple of weeks to figure out that I hadn’t taken any vitamins for that amount of time. I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it again, and amazingly enough, I felt like I was a little more in control of things. Then I slacked again. (You’d think I’d learn, but no, I didn’t.) When I got around to taking them it was almost lunchtime if not later. I found that it wasn’t doing any good. So I went back to taking them with breakfast.

I shouldn’t be, but I’m amazed at the difference. I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal, but to someone who’s not use to having so many ups and downs, the Vitamin B supplements has helped tremendously. The fact that I took a “leave” from them showed me once again how helpful something as little a supplement or two can help.

The reason I share this is I know, or at least I’m pretty sure, I’m not the only one who has a emotional highs and lows. I hope I’m not the only one that feels like their riding on a roller coaster and just don’t have control of their emotions. It can’t hurt to try the Vitamin B supplements. My mom said she wished she knew about them sooner in life. 

So as she shared her wisdom with me, I’m sharing it with you. If you feel like things are out of control and you’d like to be able to approach things without blowing up or crying or whatever you’re extreme reaction might be, give it a try. This is a new year. Why not? Life is crazy enough as it is. We don’t need to be crazy ourselves. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great suggestions, Bonnie, I had the same experience with vitamin D. For us up here in the shady northwest the results can be amazing. People don't realize how much difference a little vitamin can make in your mood.

    ReplyDelete