Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I AM STRONG, I AM SMART & WE ARE STRONG by Fay Klingler


Luisa May, known to her family and friends as Lu, loves to play games with her grandma. When she’s bullied at school, Grandma has a special puzzle for Lu to help her see how valuable she is—no matter what others say, or how much doubt she feels within herself. Soon after, Grandma has to go to the hospital, and Lu finds out Grandma needs help recovering. Then it’s Lu’s turn to help Grandma see how valuable she is—no matter how much doubt she feels within herself. It’s a beautiful parallel for young and old alike, as each age learns from the other.

Written and illustrated with loving hands, this delightful children’s story offers a heartfelt message that unites and bonds generations. From the award-winning pen of Fay A. Klingler, I Am Strong! I Am Smart! provides to women of all ages a reminder of the tremendous gift of “girl power.”





Every girl needs a mentor, someone she can trust to show her the way home to Heavenly Father. The stakes are high—as women of influence, how we live and how we teach Heavenly Father’s daughters will change the course of their lives forever.

Using compelling real-life stories from women of all ages, award-winning author Fay A. Klingler clearly defines how and why we must continue to live and teach the Young Women values.

We Are Strong! beautifully illustrates how powerful a faithful woman’s example can be.









These two books are a powerful reminder that we all have worth. The Lord loves us and we are strong. Be sure to take a look at them and if you can, stop by to meet the author.



What made you decide to become a writer?


A very good question, but I really don’t know the answer. I don’t think I ever had the compelling thought I want to be a writer. In fact, I know all I really wanted to be was a mother, a wife, a homemaker. I mean a real home maker. But as the years went by I became a professional illustrator, wanting to share my love of motherhood and the joy of babies. Then those visuals began to turn into words, and then to books. The themes of joy in motherhood and the strength of women can be seen threaded throughout my work.

Who inspires you?

Oh my goodness, so many people! Above them all, I would say my mother. She has always encouraged me to develop my talents and use them for good. She taught me to be solution conscious and to finish what I start.



What would you like your readers to get out of your writing?

I have two books coming out this month. Both of them revolve around the influence one generation has on another—grandmothers/grandchildren, mothers/daughters.

I am hoping these books have a tremendous impact on my readers. Grandmothers will teach with more compassion. Granddaughters will welcome and appreciate opportunities to interact with grandparents. Mothers, grandmothers, and all women of influence will give their hearts, their very lives, to preaching truth and living that truth.

The fiction book (for ages 8 to 12) is fully illustrated (Christian, national). A couple of my beta readers (non-professional critiquers) were in this age category, and oh, my goodness, they did such a marvelous job and were very entertaining to work with. The artwork was done by Briana Shawcroft. She did an excellent job and I had a lot of fun working with her on this project.

To my delight, I Am Strong! I Am Smart! received 23 endorsements before it even went to press. I hope mothers and granddaughters, in particular, will feel the “warmth” of this book and gain from it.



My second book out this month is a non-fiction book. It also has received many endorsements. I am immensely grateful to the many people who contributed to We Are Strong! Mothers and Daughters Stand Together.


Any advice for aspiring authors?

Writing can be a very isolating career. My advice would be to join a writers’ group. When I began seriously writing, I joined a writers’ group that met at the public library. We critiqued each other’s work and I learned you had to have a pretty tough “skin” to endure the “suggestions” for change.

When I moved from that location, I started up a small group that met in my home. This was a group of women who were very serious about writing and helping each other.

Another very difficult thing about being an author is how much time it takes and the too-often self-questioning—“Is this what I should be doing?” For me, it is all worth it when a reader tells me my work made a positive difference in her/his life. Then I feel humbled and know my efforts were guided and not in vain . . . But practically speaking, a writer has to decide how much time they are going to give to his or her craft, and then commit to that time and follow through.

Where can we purchase your book?

My books can be purchased on Amazon and in Christian bookstores. There are wonderful book launch parties coming up in two different states for these two books. One is on April 12th in Salt Lake City, Utah, at The King’s English Bookshop. The second one will be in Arizona on April 19 from 11-1 at the Changing Hands Bookstore.



 THANK YOU, FAY! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment