Wednesday, March 19, 2014

POWER TO BECOME by David A Bednar—Review

POWER TO BECOME by David A. Bednar. This inspirational read is incredible. It's one that I didn't have to read from cover to cover. In fact I found it easier not to do it that way. I chose a topic, read about it and put it aside to digest what I had just read. Then when I'm ready, I'll pick it up again and read on another topic. I love the teachings and the examples that are shared in the book. My husband watched the discussions that are linked to this book and can't wait for his chance at the book. Be sure to take a look at those discussions, here. They are incredible.

:) :) :) :) :)


As followers of Christ, our desire is to become like Him. In fact, we have been commanded to do so. But how?
In Power to Become, Elder David A. Bednar explores how the Savior makes possible His divine commission, "Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect" (3 Nephi 12:48).
Chapters in this thought-provoking book highlight the importance of the Atonement, the spiritual gift of personal peace, the importance of priesthood ordinances, and the responsibility we have to obey willingly and endure valiantly.
"As we increase in learning about the Savior and His gospel," Elder Bednar writes, "as we strive with ever greater consistency to act in His doctrine, ordinances, and covenants, then we are blessed with power through His Atonement to increasingly become like Him." Power to Become introduces vital tools we all can use to invite these eternally significant blessings into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment