Saturday, April 11, 2015

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM #choosekindness

I have seen many acts of unkindness this week and it makes me very sad. There's a phrase I posted on Instragram this week that I think if we all keep in mind will help everyone around us.

You never know what the person next to you is going through. Choose Kindness.

How do we know if the driver on the road who is getting under our skin isn't a new driver? Or someone grieving? Or someone under extreme stress?

How do we know if the person living next who us you rushes inside and completely ignores you (in your opinion) isn't upset because of a medical dignosis? Or received bad news from work or a family member? Or is just having a horrible day?

How do we know what is the real reason behind the tears we see in someone's eyes?

The truth of the matter is we don't. Would it hurt us to look outside of ourselves and be kind to someone else? You can tell I'm on this kindness campaign. There are so many people around me who are suffering for many, many different reasons and I feel helpless. The only thing I can do in a lot of cases is be kind. Whether that be listening, providing a meal, holding a door, smiling, calling, sympathizing. Sometimes it really is the simple things that are needed. I really believe if we all looked around and did something simple it would make the world a better place.

So for now, choose to be kind. You just never know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment